Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Probs With Procrastination

Are you a procrastinator? Or do you at least frequently procrastinate? If so, you're one of probably millions of others, a lot of them teens, who always fail to place their top priorities first.
Haha I'm just kidding. That sounded a little harsh. XD
But seriously, procrastinating can have some nasty effects. If you procrastinate, you're bound to be putting everything at last minute, and finish what needs to be done with a sketchy at best result, or be up all night the day before (if whatever needs to be done has a specific deadline). Recently, I put off something that should have been done a long while before it was actually accomplished to doing it at the very last-minute, resulting in a poor product of what actually should have been created, which also didn't met nearly any standards at a Show...(Yes, this was a 4-H project I didn't do well on, and felt bad about myself afterward for it. I learned finishing something up last minute means your completed product isn't gonna look or do well :P).
So is there a solution to putting off everything for the tomorrow that never seems to come anyway? One thing to do (depending on what there is to do, maybe there's an extra curricular or school project for example) is to put all mobile devices aside, possibly, or at least not be consistently on them as much as while you're working on a project. It may be tempting to be texting your best friend while you work, but if it simply distracts you from the work instead of encouraging you, try to set aside the cyber stuff until later. (Sometimes I myself tend to work better while listening to music or a texting a friend while I work, it depends on you and your personality/how well you work that way).
Another thing is to make the goal of completion clear, and divide up the work for specific portions of time. Like, when I have extremely enormous school projects, (ten-page essays or what else have I xD) I will divide the work up every day for a week, or perhaps even longer. Dividing up the work has multi-benefits: you're on your way to completing what needs to be done, you're not as stressed, you don't have a pile of work to do in one sitting, and so it doesn't tire you out as much as if you had to do it all at once.

Hope this blog post is helpful for you if you struggle with procrastination! Let me know in the comments what you do to avoid procrastination or lessen it ;)

XoXo,
~Veroni



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there girlies! I welcome comments from anyone reading my blog, thanks so much if you can leave something here! I love hearing from anyone with their opinion or thoughts, it totally makes my day to hear from you awesome people! =)